Best Non-Diamond Engagement ring, closest to Diamonds
Selecting an engagement ring is a very personal and special journey and the key essential factors in making your choice for such an important purchase are that it perfectly symbolises your unique love for your partner, will endure the test of time, is affordable and within your budget.
While the heavily marketed diamond industry has made diamonds the traditional engagement ring choice and therefore the most expensive, it certainly is not the only type of gemstone for engagement rings that can be just as special and at a fraction of the price.
Obviously there are coloured gemstone engagement ring options but what if you’re still wanting that diamond look with a real, genuine and luxurious gemstone engagement ring?
You’ll be happy to know there is a stunning genuine and unique gemstone with many similarities to standard diamonds, including the way it looks and physical properties it consists of, but at a fraction of the cost.
Read on to learn more on how to get the best non-diamond engagement ring available that still has the same diamond look and luxurious properties at a fraction of the price.
You’ll be happy to know Forever Chic Jewellery is one of the very few fine jewellery within Australia (Brisbane), that offers a stunning genuine and unique gemstone engagement ring choice closest to a diamond, including the way it looks and in terms of physical properties, and at the best value for money prices around.
Moissanite: A genuine, luxury gemstone & non-diamond alternative while still giving that diamond look and feel
For those of you who don’t know of such a gemstone, you may be intrigued to learn about a very special and unique gemstone called Moissanite. Without a doubt Moissanite gemstone engagement rings are the best non-diamond engagement ring to get for those still wanting the look, feel and physical similar properties of a standard diamond ring at a fraction of the price while still having that stunning and luxurious feel and look.
Special Properties of Moissanite that make it the best non-diamond option
For those who have not heard of moissanite the properties that make it such a fantastic non-diamond engagement ring option are that:
- Moissanite is a clear, real gemstone that lasts a lifetime and provides a stunning brilliance and sparkle.
- It still consists of carbon in its structure like diamonds do.
- To the untrained and unaided eye, no one can tell the difference between a moissanite engagement ring and a diamond engagement ring.
- Moissanite holds a higher resale value compared to diamonds.
- Moissanite gemstone was originally discovered in the crater caused by a meteor, so it’s literally an extraterrestrial beauty. There is something extra romantic knowing that it’s a gemstone originating from the stars.
- Moissanite is a 9.25-9.50 on the Mohs Hardness Scale, putting it only just beneath diamonds which score a perfect 10. This means it is extremely durable, resistant to scratching, abrasion chipping and and will retain its original sparkle and brilliance, simply put it’s able to withstand daily wear lifelong.
- Moissanite is more refractive than diamonds, meaning it has more brilliance/sparkle in fact. Moissanite has a refractive index (RI) between 2.65 and 2.69 compared to diamonds of 2.42.
- Moissanite also has more dispersion which relates to “fire.” Those stunning flashes of light of the stone. Moissanite has a dispersion of 0.104 while diamonds have just 0.044 in comparison, giving moissanite much more “fire”.
- Easy care and Maintenance. Some gemstones are not easy to take care of and eventually lose their shine compared to when you first get it, but that is not the case with our premium moissanite at Forever Chic Jewellery. You can wear it all the time and it won’t change its appearance at all.
You may find the article “How to Choose between a Moissanite and Diamond engagement ring” article helpful.
Additionally check out the article with the video comparing equivalent grade and size moissanite gemstone side by side to a diamond for more information on this topic: Moissanite – What is Moissanite and how does it compare to Diamond?
Get the Diamond Look For Less With Moissanite
Diamonds are expensive, so couples who are on a tight budget or would prefer to use available finances to build their new married life together or have an unforgettable honeymoon, may opt to explore non-diamond engagement rings.
The exciting thing is at Forever Chic Jewellery, located in Brisbane Australia, you can still get the stunning look of a diamond engagement ring with our very special, premium Moissanite gemstone engagement rings created and cut for maximum brilliance and the only available gemstone that is the closest to a standard diamond.
Moissanite is a naturally occurring gemstone that just so happens to look exactly like a diamond. It has the same colourless, clear appearance, and will sparkle like a diamond as well, in fact more.
Even better, this gemstone costs a fraction of the price of a diamond. Swapping a diamond for moissanite is the perfect way to drastically reduce the cost of your engagement ring without having to say goodbye to the look you desire and that society consider so traditional.
Need other reasons to consider Moissanite for your non-diamond engagement ring?
While Moissanite is not a standard diamond, it’s also not a diamond imposter, like cubic zirconia, either. Check out the clear differences between moissanite and cubic zirconia here.
Moissanite is its own unique gemstone—and, like the diamond, it’s also very rare in nature. However, in recent years, Moissanite has taken centre stage in jewellery as the substitute for the once dominant diamond particularly in the USA but is occasionally found in Australia such as at Brisbane store, Forever Chic Jewellery, the only Queensland store to offer Moissanite.
Moissanite offers consumers two important factors that many diamonds simply can’t match: low cost and ethical standards. While most prominent players in the diamond industry—including Forever Chic Jewellery—adhere to the Kimberley Process to assure buyers that diamonds are conflict-free, not every diamond in the market is mined in accordance to these ethical standards.
As the rules only began in 2000, diamonds that were purchased or mined before the new millennium are likely conflict diamonds.
Moissanite however has always been and will always remain conflict-free and ethically sourced.
Those who opt for Moissanite in lieu of a diamond also can be assured that the stone will be safe for daily wear. While no gemstone can replicate a diamond’s hardness, Moissanite comes incredibly close. Although a diamond is a perfect 10 on the Mohs scale of hardness, Moissanite is a very close 9.25 – 9.50.
The colourless clear beauty and sparkling fire of Moissanite allows the stone to be the ideal substitute for buyers who want the look of diamonds without the ethical dilemma or higher cost.
Moissanite isn’t a diamond duplicate, rather a completely unique and fiery gemstone that offers the same stunning statement of a diamond at a fraction of the price!
When selected as the centrepiece for a piece of jewellery (especially an engagement ring!), Moissanite combines flawless perfection with economical brilliance!